Friday, March 09, 2007

Software installation gripes

I'm now installing my software onto my computer that crashed and I reinstalled Windows XP on. A few gripes to those who make software:

#1) DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER OR FOR A MOMENT LET IT ENTER INTO YOUR BRAIN to associate any file with your program without asking me first. Exhort me, encourage me, but allow me to say no.
#2) NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER put anything in the system tray without asking me.
#3) DO NOT put anything in my quick launch without asking me. I have just a few things there and don't want your crap there unless I put it there.
#4) DO NOT put anything on my desktop. Nothing. No shortcuts, no updaters, nothing!
#5) Please let me specify where in the start menu your program shall go. I am about over this as few programs do this and I have to rearrange it all at the end anyway, but come on!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home